[mythtv-users] 0.19 Ubuntu Packages

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:02:22 UTC 2006

Robert May wrote:
> The error still comes up even after fixing the GPG key.  I'm guessing
> that there is something else at play here.  I was able to get  0.19
> built with Marillat's patched sources.  Well,  I had to build and
> install the plugins without packaging them though.  Now on to dealing
> with mythweb.
>
> Thanks,
> -r
>
> On 2/16/06, Jeremy Teale <lists at thehunter.ws> wrote:
>
>> Robert May wrote:
>>
>>> I've done that too and it spits out an error about being unable to
>>> verify the sig because no pubkey isn't available.  I didn't think this
>>> was the problem though..
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> -r
>>>
>> There's information at http://deb.thehunter.ws/ for adding my GPG key
>> into apt.
>>
>> --

Had the same error as Robert but I added Jeremy's gpg keys and mythtv
installed without a hitch.  Well, mysql didn't... but I got that fixed.
So, what I did was install breezy from scratch and then installed
Jeremy's mythtv packages.  Mythtv 0.19 worked flawlessly right away once
I figured out my db problems (for some reason mythtv couldn't be granted
access to the db unless I ran mythtv-setup as root.....).
Even sound worked great right out the box with only one change to
Alsamixer, as opposed to my 10000 porblems I had when first installing
mythtv.
However, I have two questions:

One, is it possible to take an old db from say version .17 or .18 and
get the info from that db into my new freshly installed 0.19 myth?  What
I did was install 0.19 from scracth, so I have my old db backup sitting
here, but it is in the wrong format.  If anyone knows if this is
possible, let me know.

Two, is anyone using the latest ATI drivers and NOT having any
problems?  Arrrgh, just when I thought the drivers couldn't get any
_worse_, the latest version is just terrible.  I'm plagued by the whole
not being able to get xv working because the kernel module won't load
for opengl acceleration.  I was able to eventually solve the problem
using the older drivers last time.  But this time I can't get these
blasted ATI drivers working properly.  Following my own advice I've
given on these forums doesn't seem to work, lol... alas.
If anyone has some advice on that, much appreciated.  Until I get it
fixed, I get my 98% utilization by X while watching a 640x480 stream :(
Raphael