[mythtv-users] TV-Out Radeon 9700 Pro

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 03:15:06 UTC 2006

--- sarvinc at fastmail.fm wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't find the cable that came with
> my PVR-350 and I
> need TV-out for a few days. Someone gave me a Radeon
> 9700 Pro which I
> have mostly working, video only plays on the main
> screen not on the TV.
> I've tried searching the list, google,
> google.com/linux and a few forums
> but I still can't tell if TV-out actually works
> properly on the 9700 or
> not. At this time, could someone give me a
> definitive answer? Also if
> you have a working xorg.conf for it could I take a
> peak?

Using the ATI proprietary driver, I was able to get
TV-out working on an AIW 9700.  This isn't optimized
at all (but it worked), I was just experimenting with
it (to compare picture quality with my 9700, 5200FX
and PVR-350).

I'm attaching the xorg.conf file.  However (and I may
be wrong here) the TV must be the first head (in a
dual-head setup) - I can't be certain of this because
I only had the TV connected.

-- Joe