[mythtv-users] 0.19 and Ubuntu AMD64

Robert May robtmay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:43:14 UTC 2006

I just got 0.19 to work on Ubuntu AMD64.  If you have a better way of
doing this or any corections, please chime in.

What I did was grab the source and patches from Marillat's source
repository ( ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/pool/main/m/mythtv/
). Created a /opt/mythtv and copied mythtv_0.19.orig.tar.gz
mythtv_0.19-0.2.dsc  mythtv_0.19-0.2.diff.gz  to the directory.  Then
I uncompressed the source and the patch.  Deleted the compressed
archives.  Applied the patch using "sudo patch -i mythtv_0.19-0.2.diff
-p0".

changed into the mythtv-0.19 directory and ran "sudo dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot -b".  This gave me a permission denied error for the
'rules' file in the debian directory.  I fixed this with "sudo chmod
+x debian/rules".  Then I ran the build command again, this time it
gave me a list of unmet dependencies.  I installed these with apt-get.
 It requires libmysqlclient15 which I had to grab from the dapper
repository and libiec61883-dev which I had to grab from the Marillat
amd64 stable repository (deb http://spello.sscnet.ucla.edu/marillat/
sarge main).  Once I got all the dependencies met. I was able to to
build and install the packages. I backed up the database and
uninstalled 0.18 before installing 0.19. I haven't tested it
extensivly but it seems to work, at least live tv and recorded shows
play just fine.  Now I need to get the plugins installed, maybe
tonight.

I just thought I'd get the ball going with discussing AMD64 installs
of mythtv 0.19.

My two cents,
-r