[mythtv-users] Mythtv Remote

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:27:48 UTC 2006

> > I bought my IR reciver off eBay and it works great. However, I've been
> > thinking of getting one of these Sky keyboard type remotes but someone
> > mentioned they are RC6. Two questions:
> >
> > 1) If my receiver is RC5 does that mean it won't work with this remote?

FYI, Philips remotes use a RC-5 code set.  I have a universal remote
and program the remote to mimic a philips dvd player remote, and that
works with my hauppague receiver.  It was one of the only codes for
the remote I could get to be compatible.  If others now of other
codesets, I would be happy to hear about that.