[mythtv-users] 0.19 Ubuntu Packages

Bron Gondwana lists.mythtv at brong.fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 15 00:54:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 06:15:01AM -0600, Jeremy Teale wrote:
> I've created some packages for Ubuntu and would appreciate it if any
> intrepid souls out there would care to test them. They were created
> for Breezy, but from my initial tests, at least mythfrontend also works
> on Dapper. There are issues on Dapper with naming for plugins like
> mythbrowser and the KDE libs it requires.
> Please back up your database before installing them.
> There is a file conflict with a png image between mythflix and
> mythnews. I plan on patching mythflix and renaming the png unless
> anyone else knows of a simpler method.

I've had trouble with the autoexpire not running, at least that's what I
assume it is.  I was stupid enough to leave live TV running in the
background after switching off the TV.  Some hours through the night an
~80Gb of data later it had filled up the entire partition and
mythfrontend had died.

I deleted some other files to make room so I could start everything back
up again, but I see no option to manually delete livetv recordings, and
well over a day since the first of the livetv recordings were made,
they're still all sitting there undeleted.  I've changed the minimum to
10Gb free space but there's only 3.7Gb left on the disk now.

Is this an artifact of the Ubuntu packages or something I'm doing wrong?

I'm running Breezy (installed from scratch as Breezy) with updates,
backports and security.  The only other source is deb.thehunter.ws which
I added 2 days ago.

Bron.