[mythtv-users] 0.19 Ubuntu Packages

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:21:39 UTC 2006

Michael Fox wrote:
> On 2/12/06, Jeremy Teale <lists at thehunter.ws> wrote:
>
>> I've created some packages for Ubuntu and would appreciate it if any
>> intrepid souls out there would care to test them. They were created
>> for Breezy, but from my initial tests, at least mythfrontend also works
>> on Dapper. There are issues on Dapper with naming for plugins like
>> mythbrowser and the KDE libs it requires.
>> Please back up your database before installing them.
>> There is a file conflict with a png image between mythflix and
>> mythnews. I plan on patching mythflix and renaming the png unless
>> anyone else knows of a simpler method.
>>

> Nice work, I might update soon as time permits. Maybe in a few days.
> Just saves me compiling, and it also might help with the pxeboot and
> nfsroot ubuntu install I managed to get working. I should amend the
> steps I had to do (which the docs on mythtv.org didn't include).

Jeremy,
This week I will be upgrading my ubuntu distro from hoary to breezy, and
then upgrading myth to 0.19.
This will most likely be a from scratch install, in other words I will
be leaving my old database behind and completely reinstalling myth onto
a fresh install of breezy.
Before doing that I will try and upgrade myth on my hoary distro, just
to see if that actually works.  I'll let you know how that goes - if
that goes extremely well then I may be tempted to leave my hoary intact
and not upgrade to breezy.  Otherwise, I will upgrade to breezy and tes
that as well for you.
Thanks for putting for the effort to get ubuntu packages out there for
us, much needed!
Raphael