[mythtv-users] Mythtv Remote

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 23:59:47 UTC 2006

> > However, Im not very clued up when it comes to IR , so not really sure what
> > RC6 is.
>
> It is a codeset that some remotes use. You don't need to worry about
> it if using a serial receiver - I wanted to point out that it wouldn't
> work with the RC5-based Hauppauge cards in case you wanted to use one
> of the Hauppauge IR receivers.

I bought my IR reciver off eBay and it works great. However, I've been
thinking of getting one of these Sky keyboard type remotes but someone
mentioned they are RC6. Two questions:

1) If my receiver is RC5 does that mean it won't work with this remote?
2) How can I tell whether my receiver is RC5 or RC6?

Regards,
Phill