[mythtv-users] Reducing the resolution of HDTV recordings

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Feb 14 21:18:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:06:06PM -0800, yan seiner wrote:
> So there is currently no way to transcode for TV recordings?  Is there a
> way to use an external player?  Either one will do....

Do you want to permanently reduce the resolution, while leaving the
program within Watch Recordings' control?  Cause that's what transcode
will do.

If what you're after is *temporarily* reducing the resolution for
viewing from a specific front end, I don't think you actually can do
that, no.  I gather MythStreamTV may be able to do something *like* it.

Cheers,
-- jr 'DID, DID, DID' a

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?