[mythtv-users] Mythbackend losing sql connection on the start of some recordings

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Tue Feb 14 17:15:37 UTC 2006

Mike wrote:

> > The timeout changes are really just bandaid for the problem.
> >

> So you're saying that explicitly closing and opening the connection
> isn't working?  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8856

Yes, I know the changeset, thankyou.
And it seems not to work. My guess is that the connection breaks between
a query and going through the cursor in
a sequence of commands and the results are not consistent because of that.

But just a guess, haven't really analyzed this. Just find database "kicks" in
the log on occasions when Myth behaves strangely.

> > And to Sasha Z. Pleas don't top-post to a list. It screws up the logical flow
> > of the discussion.
> >
> And to Dag, as long as we're providing suggestions for better
> netiquette, please leave the appropriate attributions at the top of the
> message.

Will do. My mailclient just seems to ignore the "...said..." in some postings.
(Among others this)

Dag