[mythtv-users] mythweb 0.19 crashing backend??

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Feb 14 21:08:41 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:

> > I clicked "Delete and Re-Record" and all heck broke lose. I got a full
> page
> > of PHP errors and the backend crashed. "Invalid response to
> > MYTH_PROTO_VERSION" or something similar (I didn't copy it, I wanted to
> see
> > if it was reproducable first). I know the versions are the same, I just
> > installed it today (and previous versions of mythweb didn't even have
> that
> > button).
>
> Please make sure that you're running the correct version of the backend.
>   Most likely you have one copy in /usr and one in /usr/local, and
> you're still running the old backend.  That's the *only* way you can get
> the MYTH_PROTO_VERSION error.

Absolutely positive that I was running the correct version, it's installed
in /usr/bin right from the ebuild. Plus, mythweb *was* working fine, it even
listed all the recorded programs, and it was definitely the new version (the
proto version was 26, it said). It was only when I clicked that button that
it called out a PROTO VERSION error. It wasn't really a proto version error,
it was "invalid response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION", and when I looked,
mythbackend had killed itself. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem
yet, but it seems weird that mythweb would be working fine, and then all of
a sudden kill off the backend mid-command.