[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs: Temporary scale-back to 3 days of listings

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:30:42 UTC 2006

On 14/02/06, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, as a non-cpp coder, my ideas do not count as being useful
> suggestions.

Scrub that a little. I did manage to get mythfilldatabase changed a
year ago so that it wouldn't download 14 days' worth of program
listings 14 times for each run of MFDB. That was fun - it used to take
a couple of hours to update the listings once.

More seriously, I'm sure this comes down to having good quality
documentation and taking the time to understand how various components
are interacting with each other from multiple projects, and with a
project as functional as MythTV, problems are only to be expected, and
the developers rightly praised for keeping on top of them.

Nick