[mythtv-users] Transcode Question

mikepolniak mikpolniak at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 13 12:27:40 UTC 2006

On 00:01 Mon 13 Feb     , Munroe Sollog wrote:
> OK I got the cut list and comercials flagged correctly but I still
> only see the .nuv of original size, where will the transcoded file
> endup and of what format?

I am using a svn version from late January, so if you upgrade to 0.19 you
will get these new features:

The original .nuv filenames are now named .mpg and you can also transcode
mpeg2 -> mpeg2 with your cutlist.

In the transcoder profile select "lossless encoding" and autodetect mpeg2
and then transcode with the commercial cutlist. After the transcode the
new commercial-free mpeg2 files are about 1.8GB versus the original 2.4GB.