[mythtv-users] mplayer/mythtv control probs

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Mon Feb 13 03:35:28 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Am using MythTV 0.19 stable compiled on Debian Sarge using a P3 666
diskless frontend (called hinata) with the video directory mounted via
nfs from my server (called destiny) which incidentally is the server
that boots up hinata.  The backend is on a computer called mythtv
(unimaginative I know!).  Using mplayer 1.0pre7try2, and mythtv is the
only thing that runs with X (no desktop manager used like Windowmaker or
similar).  I have to use the whole directory to point mythtv at mplayer
- just using "mplayer" won't work for some reason, but using
/usr/local/bin/mplayer will work.

Anyway the basics sorted - my problem is that when mplayer is launched,
I can't use the keyboard at all - absolutely no keys works at all, tho
when I SSH into hinata, and do a "killall mplayer" it goes back to
mythtv and all the keys I've pressed executes all at once.

What could be the problem here and how do I fix this?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Cheers - Piers