[mythtv-users] 0.19 released!

Steve Baker vengeance at smeg.org
Sun Feb 12 12:00:55 UTC 2006

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 11 February 2006 18:47, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> Steve Baker wrote:
>>
>>> I can't see another topic about this yet, and now that I'm compiling the
>>> SVN like a madman I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to the developers
>>> of Mythtv. An outstanding effort yet again, and by far the best product
>>> out there for PVR - and its free!
>>>
>>> Everyone, go to http://svn.mythtv.org and get busy with 0.19!
>>>
>> Just a piece of advice, I'd wait until the source tarballs appear on
>> http://www.mythtv.org
>>

> Just to reinforce this, if you want the source release, get the download from
> www.mythtv.org when it's ready.  It's not, yet.  Hell, I haven't even
> finished uploading it yet.  Probably won't be completely done with the
> announcement for another half hour or so.  DO NOT start using svn like the
> genius who jumped the gun suggests.
>
> Isaac

Apologies for jumping the gun - been keen to see 0.19 out for a while
now, and got quite excited to see all the outstanding tickets were
closed and there was a 0.19 branch in the SVN. I've been running patched
versions of SVN for a while, so was happy to deploy on my box - but
Isaac is 110% right, if you ain't happy to run unstable SVN releases,
either use the compiled binaries or better yet use the RPMs for your
distro.

Sorry for any grief caused in my exuberance....

Cheers,

Steve.