[mythtv-users] erasing missing files

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Sat Feb 11 10:43:48 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 09:02, sarvinc at fastmail.fm wrote:
> I know this was covered recently in the last month or so, but I can't seem
> to find the actual answer in the archives. While setting-up MythTV I
> recently erased some shows via the command line. Now in the "Watch
> Recordings" and "Delete Recordings" they still show up. I know I'm supposed
> to re-create the file and let Mythtv erase it. What I don't know is the
> name of the file missing. How would I find that? It's probably in a date
> base some where, and if it is, how would I go about erasing it from the
> data base? I'm unfamiliar with mysql and would prefer not to mess with it
> if at all possible. _______________________________________________
If that happens to me, I tend to open up Mythweb and have a look at my
recorded programs listing. You can hover over the image link to the file to
get the name of the file that it's looking for. Copy'n'paste that into a
touch command on the storage server, and then use mythtv to delete the file
that you've just created with touch.

Regards

Kyle
--