[mythtv-users] Live TV and recording - how to use profiles?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Feb 9 15:16:17 UTC 2006

I am making progress of sorts....

I have a stable backend, it records from both analog and digital OTR
sources....
I have 2 tuners; one analog, which works fine, one digital, and it
causes segfaults in the frontends.

But frontends segfault immediately on trying to watch live tv.  Some
debugging shows that while I *think* I have my profiles set up to be
relatively low-resolution (480x480) my frontends are getting the full
1920x1022 x 30 fps (sorry, I'm going from memory - whatever the
resolution is) feed.

I've tried 4 different frontends, with the same result; immediate
segfault on live tv.  I suspect it is due to the massive amount of data
coming down the pipe....

I am doing a test recording, and it is recording an 'Arthur' episode,
dumping about 100MB/minute to the disk.

How do I set up profiles and tell the TV to use the right one?  I can
easily and reliably show DVD - type resolutions - and frankly, for
taping news and kid shows that's all I really need.....

--Yan