[mythtv-users] s/pdif sound fc 4

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 00:29:58 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, travis <moralindignation at gmail.com> wrote:

> here is the result of aplay -l:
> card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH5]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH5 -
> IEC958]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> Only thing I see different is mine says ICH5 (not 6)

ICH6 or ICH5 is just the type of controller.

Good news is that your sound card is recognised and it will work with the
.asoundrc as I have posted.
Delete the /etc/asound.conf you may have on your computer as it could mess
up stuff.

Disable the KDE sound server.

To try playing now you can do something like:
aplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav
or to force the digital output:
aplay -D digital /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav

Make sure the .asoundrc is located in the home directory of the login you've
used.

JY