[mythtv-users] Program Guide, DVD burning, and fast forwarding (rewinding)

Joshua Fechner phekno at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:14:26 UTC 2006

I've searched through the archive for this problem and haven't found a
solution.  When I'm watching live TV and select "Program Guide" from the
menu that pops up when I hit the info key, it overlays the program guide
over the TV transparently and is off center.  I've tried changing several
settings but haven't noticed any change in it's behavior.  I'm guessing that
I'm supposed to see the full program guide with video in the upper right
hand corner of my screen but this is not what I see.  I'm currently running
MythTV 0.18.1 on FC4.  My tuner card is a PVR-350 which I'm also using as
the output to my TV.

My second issue is that last night I burned a DVD using the instructions
found here:  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/ArchiveRecordingsToDvdHowTo.
Everything seemed to go fine.  When I popped my newly created DVD (with only
one show on it) into my laptop it started playing with the correct audio,
but the video was garbled and messed up!  I later put the DVD in my DVD
player and it played fine, for the most part but the video was squashed to
the left side of the screen leaving the right quarter of the screen black.
Is there something I did wrong?

My final issue is that when I fast forward through a commercial (sometimes
commercial flagging gets confused) and hit play again the recording starts
playing about 5-10 seconds behind where I hit play.  Has anyone else
experienced this problem?

So far I love MythTV but have a couple bugs in my system that need to be
worked out.  If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Phekno