[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MediaMVP

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue Feb 7 13:44:15 UTC 2006

> mpeg stream out the RJ-45. I'm assuming the decoder is the same chip
> as the PVR-350 or similar? Cheaper than even a 4MX video card and

 It's a different chip.   The chip in the MVP's a in an IBM stb25xx
where as the chip on the PVR350 is a Conexant iVTC15(CX23415). Both
are mpeg decoders, but the stb25xx is more of a dedicated STB chip and has
hardware support for  TS stream demuxing and many other useful tidbits
that I don't think are currently used by tyhe MVPMC code(but I could
be wrong about that).