[mythtv-users] Video Card

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Tue Feb 7 07:47:56 UTC 2006

Chris Weisiger wrote:
> Im looking at this video card:
>
> NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 128 MB Graphics Card
>
> How would this card rate for mythTV usage?

Should be just fine if all your trying to do is output via SVIDEO to
your TV. I bought an evga MX4000 for one of my frontends a long time
back and one system it gave me a ton of wavy lines. I ended up sticking
it in another frontend and took the ti4600 out of that and put it on
this one and all the lines were gone. Something with the motherboard or
noise someplace on that particular card I guess.

But just for tv-out, it should be just fine. I don't know what price
your paying for it but depending on that you might have some other
options available... Maybe the 6200's or something.

-Mike