[mythtv-users] better nvidia drivers, proprietary or open?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Tue Feb 7 08:58:51 UTC 2006

> If my computer is dedicated to only MythTV, what is a better driver choice
> for a 5200 card?  The nvidia proprietary driver or the open source
> driver?  I noticed in the program guide, while using the proprietary
> drivers, the preview window is scaled abnormally, does this happen with the
> open driver?  What about opengl-vsync and/or XVMC?  I have read that a lot
> of people use these cards, is there a guide for the best settings?

I have not managed to use the open source driver to enable the TV-Out of the
5200 card. So I am using the proprietary driver. On some GeForce cards I
have had to disable opengl to make it work, but I have never had strange
scaling (I have installed frontends on two 5200s and on two GeForce4
MX440s). I have no experiene with XVMC.

Niels Dybdahl