[mythtv-users] s/pdif sound fc 4

travis moralindignation at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 04:55:07 UTC 2006

> > > Thank you for the tip. I tried it, still sound just out of internal
> > > speaker :(
> >

> I wrote what I had to do to get digital sound on this page:
> http://www.hydrix.com/mythtv/

I got to this part:

Check dmesg , you should see:
cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.5 loaded
CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 1822:0025, board: digitalnow DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro [card
=42,autodetected]

and here is the results of my dmesg:
http://pastebin.ca/40481

I never saw anything that looked like what was described above. The
closest I see is

cx8800: Unknown symbol cx88_reset
cx8800: Unknown symbol cx88_call_i2c_clients
cx8800: Unknown symbol cx88_wakeup
cx8800: Unknown symbol ... (it goes on for a few lines)

Also, I was asked for my brand name (it is integrated). /sbin/lspci tells me:

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) A
C'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

so, i'm going with intel. (I explain where I got it to see if I was
wrong to do so.)