[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon 9250 Vs Nvidia GeForce 5200

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 03:30:55 UTC 2006

Raphael Pooser wrote:
>>The XPs are 3200s & I’ve got a couple of these
>>http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/4in1heatpipe/cl-p0071SonicTower/cl-p0071.htm
>>and they are as cool as the flip side of your pillow, for more info, see
>>my previous post.
>>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/164933#165044
>>
>>When thay're diskless frontends I plan to mount them on the wall
>>(depending on she who must be obayed).
>
> Sorry, one more question; what cases are you using.  It seems that these
> are not going to play nice with every case as they might be too tall
> (hitting the wall)
>  or too wide (hitting the PS).
> Raphael

With the positioning of the CPU socket on my MB it’s not going to clash
with the PSU unless it’s mounted on its side over the MB. It would be
possible for a narrow case to clash with the heat-sink, but as long as
it’s got 16cm clearance from the top of the MB to the side wall of the
case you’ll be fine.

One thing to think of is that it can only operate fan free if there is
plenty of air movement around it.