[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon 9250 Vs Nvidia GeForce 5200

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:44:45 UTC 2006

On 2/3/06, Bob <spam at homeurl.co.uk> wrote:
> Sorry for rehashing an old topic but it is quite important as I'll be
> getting 3 of them for my current crop of Athlon XP powered ECS K7S5A
> systems that I already have passive CPU heat syncs for, and will pick up
> silent PSUs for to run as silent diskless frontends as a retirement plan
> for them (going to build, big, low power, back, end... must, stop,
> grinning... must, stop, thinking, in staccato...)

which version K7S5A do you have? I have a 1.1 with a XP 2200+ on it.
I'd love to be able to put one of the 3000+ XP if it has the
horsepower to play HD but ECS's web page shows it only supporting up
to the 2600+. Would the 2600+ be fast enough? will the board support a
faster XP and they just haven't updated their webpage?

As for the nvidia vs ati, I think the only real difference is XvMC,
and possible pink bar issue with  some radeon chipsets.

--
Steve