[mythtv-users] Lost my first recordings with MythTV :(

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:09:13 UTC 2006

Hi

I've really only been using MythTV for the past 10 days.

Today I had scheduled a recording of "Medium", was two episodes in a row of
one hour each (so 8:30PM to 10:30PM)
I had it set up to "Record at anytime on channel 10".

I went to check at 9:33PM and found that it didn't start the second
recording. Went to check the "Listing" on mythweb, now the entry was blanked
which could explain why it didn't record it.
I went to watch channel 10, pressed the Record button. Got a "Segmentation
Fault" about 10s later

Restarted mythfrontend, went on to watch TV ... watch a bit for 10 minutes,
then another Segmentation Fault.

I restarted MythTV, went on to watch TV again, got a message telling me that
it couldn't get a channel lock, press C to change channels etc..
Try to press Escape, nothing.
So I killed Mythfrontend, restarted it. Try to watch TV: same thing got
locked out.

Killed mythfrontend, restarted it, went into the media library ->
recordings, I saw two entries in red, recording.
So I thought, maybe it's recording the channel twice. Deleted one, both of
them disappeared.

I thought "arrrggg, lost Medium" ... went back into Watch TV, press record,
the mythbackend status states  that only one card is recording.

Well, rather disappointed, some few bugs there.

JY