[mythtv-users] hdtv file size?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:06:09 UTC 2006

>> If its already in a compressed HD format that all HD
> > equipment plays, why would you want it in anything else?
> The answer is rather obvious to me: Disk space.
> --

And to take that one step further, download size.  It's my belief that
in the relative near future, TV will move to something similar to
Comcast's On-Demand, or a better example fully supported/legal
Torrentocracy.  So when we do go that route, downloading
mpeg4-HD-quality shows will be somewhere in the ballpark of what, 1/4
the filesize of the mpeg2 equivilent.  Besides, doesn't some of the
Via video chipsets already support Hardware mpeg4 acceleration?  Yeah,
here's the link that talks about it: