[mythtv-users] QMYSQL3 driver not loaded??

Stuart Fox stuart at dontuse.ms
Wed Feb 1 15:47:16 UTC 2006

>> I'm stuck trying to install mythtv. I got to where you run the >mythtv
>> setup
>>program just before mythfilldatabase. setup (AKA mythsetup) >gives me an
>>error:
>

>>QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>>QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>>QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>>QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>>Unable to connect to database!
>>No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
>>Unable to open database:
>>Driver error was:
>>Driver not loaded
>>Database error was:
>>Driver not loaded
>
> Responding to a quite old post ... but I just had this problem last night
> after upgrading to Ubuntu Breezy.  The solution for Ubuntu was:
> sudo apt-get install libqt3-mt-mysql
>
> in case this helps somebody else.
>
> Mary

Make sure the libmysqlclient.so is in you LDPATH, type ldconfig -v|grep
mysql to check

If its not there add the path to /etc/ld.co.conf
If it is there then errrm, dunno

Cheers

Stuart

capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?