[mythtv-users] Videos start in background only when using remote

Kirk Grell kirkgrell at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 14:22:44 UTC 2006

For some time now, I've been using MythVideo on the frontend to watch
videos with no problems.  I just got lirc working and can now use a
remote for most things.  However, I've noticed that now, anytime I
use the remote to start a video, mplayer launches behind MythTV.  So,
I have to ALT-TAB to bring the playing video in to the foreground.

Any idea what is causing this?  I only found one thread related, but
the issue didn't appear to be resolved.

I'm using a serial receiver (homebrew) along with irxevent to send
the signal to MythTV and MythTV, as mentioned above, is using

Do You Yahoo!?