[mythtv-users] [OT] tv_grab_de_tvtoday: Code point \u0008 is not a valid character in XML

S2 s2.akira at tin.it
Sun Dec 31 16:53:18 UTC 2006

Matthias Thyroff wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> has anybody else seen this error message from tv_grab_de_tvtoday, and maybe
> found a fix? The message is
>
> Code point \u0008 is not a valid character in XML at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1162
>
> I get this for certain days, for example today, so for today I do not have
> guide data because mythfilldatabase does fail for this day. I have data for
> tomorrow, no data tuesday, data for wednesday and thursday...

Hi. I tried to launch tv_grab_de_tvtoday by hand to see if I get the
same error, but it works for me:

mythtv at black:~$ tv_grab_de_tvtoday --days 3 --output /home/mythtv/tv.xmltv
using config filename /home/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_de_tvtoday.conf
getting list of channels
grabbing
mythtv at black:~$

What channels do you import? It may be a specific character on a channel
description that is giving you the error.

mythtv at black:~$ dpkg-query -W libxmltv-perl
libxmltv-perl   0.5.44-1
mythtv at black:~$