[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause on Frontend playing back HD

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Sun Dec 31 15:17:36 UTC 2006

Doug Larrick wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
>> You might want to use top or the like to see what's eating up all
>> that CPU, also check your X logs to see if anything didn't initialize
>> correctly.
>
> And stating what should be obvious... there was some discussion on here
> within the last couple weeks that recent nVidia drivers need:
>   Option "UseEvents" "true"
> in xorg.conf in order to use OpenGL VSync w/o consuming a lot of CPU.
>
> -Doug

I usually don't use OpenGL VSync, but I turned it on, and tried the UseEvents
option.  CPU usage is still consuming 100% on one of the cores.

I remember my other combo backend/frontend, it would show about 40% CPU for the
frontend process and about 35% CPU for the xorg process.  So this was a bit
threaded.  Now the frontend processes is consuming 100% CPU and xorg is only
consuming about 12%.  So I really think a change was made in SVN that is causing
this.

	Chris