[mythtv-users] Is there any reason I shouldn't .....

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Sun Dec 31 10:55:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I dont really like messing inside the database, but I want to get rid of
all the old "one-off" recordings which clutter up the "Recording Schedules"
screen under MythWeb.

   There seems to be no point in keeping "once" type recording schedules
that relate to past shows.

   So is it safe to execute the following SQL occasionally as a cron job?

delete from record where type=1 and enddate<now();
delete from record where type=6 and enddate<now();

thanks,
Dave