[mythtv-users] Migrating existing recordings to new Storage Groups

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 31 01:03:10 UTC 2006

* On Fri Dec 29, 2006 at 09:18:25PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> For it. FYI, there is an internal scoring system to decide
> which is best by deciding things like, it's better to write
> two files to the same local disk than one to a remote but
> better to write one remote than three to the same local disk.
> Transcode and commflag jobs count too but author Chris Pinkham
> knows more about this than I do.

Well, I typed a 30-40 line description in response to this, then
realized it was almost identical to what I typed up in the commit
log, so I'll just provide a link to that for the archives. :)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/239035#239035

I still need to add some more info to the docs and/or wiki on
Storage Groups at some point.  It's on my TODO.

--
Chris