[mythtv-users] Added Then Remove Capture Card, No Backend Dead

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 30 22:24:15 UTC 2006

On 12/22/2006 09:26 AM, Jake Thompson wrote:
> I installed a KWorld ATSC-110 card, which worked fine, for now though
> I do not want it in my system.  So, I removed the card/tuner/etc
> configuration from the backend.  Now any time I try to watch TV, or
> play any recorded show I get:
>
> MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 2, exiting

> Any suggestions, I was thinking my next step would be to remove all
> tunners/etc from the mythtv-setup and see what that does.

That's the right next step.  Just make sure you use the delete all
button (not the delete all on this host button and don't just delete
individually).  If that doesn't fix it, delete all capture cards (as
above) and then delete all video sources (again with the delete all
button) and reconfigure cards, video sources, inputs, and channels.

Mike