[mythtv-users] Added Then Remove Capture Card, No Backend Dead

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Fri Dec 22 14:26:29 UTC 2006

Hi All,
I installed a KWorld ATSC-110 card, which worked fine, for now though I do
not want it in my system.  So, I removed the card/tuner/etc configuration
from the backend.  Now any time I try to watch TV, or play any recorded show
I get:

MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 2, exiting

(I have seend enocder: 2 and enocder:4)

This only happened after I removed the KWorld config, so I am assuming that
is the cause of the problem.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Here is what I have
FC6
ATRPMS Myth mythtv-0.20-148
NVidia 7300 GS
AMD 64 3400
WinTV 150

Any suggestions, I was thinking my next step would be to remove all
tunners/etc from the mythtv-setup and see what that does.

Thanks
-Jake