[mythtv-users] Problem with mplex

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 30 21:04:18 UTC 2006

On Dec 30, 2006, at 1:50 PM, ICMan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Of course I should probably be sending this to the mjpeg-tools mailing
> list, but since so many people are authoring DVDs, it must have been
> solved by some people on the list.
>
> I want to use MythArchive to cut DVDs of shows, so I can clean out the
> directory where all my video files are located - so I can record more,
> of course.  Looking into the requirements for this, there are a
> bunch of
> tools that I need, two of which are mplex and mjpeg2enc.  These two
> tools are in the mjpeg-tools distribution.
>
> 1) Couldn't find a debian package for mplex, so I looked around, and
> found the web site for the source code.
>
> 2) downloaded the latest source via cvs (as the site requires), and of
> course had to download a whole crapload of utilities to get it to
> configure, but it won't complile - I get an internal compiler error.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a working debian package for mplex
> and
> mpeg2enc, and any of the other tools that are in the mjpeg-tools
> distribution which are required to use MythArchive?

Don't know for sure, the only Debian I run is on MIPS and ARM
processors, but you might want to check out:

http://www.stolk.org/server/dvdauthoring.html

I think the Debian package you want is called "dvb-mpegtools" not
"mpegtools".

Debian can sometimes be a bit anal about software licenses etc. which
might explain some strangeness in the main repositories. Not that I
disagree totally with their position though, nobody likes to have to
pay lawyers.