[mythtv-users] Problem with mplex

ICMan icman at eol.ca
Sat Dec 30 20:50:22 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Of course I should probably be sending this to the mjpeg-tools mailing
list, but since so many people are authoring DVDs, it must have been
solved by some people on the list.

I want to use MythArchive to cut DVDs of shows, so I can clean out the
directory where all my video files are located - so I can record more,
of course.  Looking into the requirements for this, there are a bunch of
tools that I need, two of which are mplex and mjpeg2enc.  These two
tools are in the mjpeg-tools distribution.

1) Couldn't find a debian package for mplex, so I looked around, and
found the web site for the source code.

2) downloaded the latest source via cvs (as the site requires), and of
course had to download a whole crapload of utilities to get it to
configure, but it won't complile - I get an internal compiler error.

Does anyone know where I can get a working debian package for mplex and
mpeg2enc, and any of the other tools that are in the mjpeg-tools
distribution which are required to use MythArchive?

Thanks.

ICMan