[mythtv-users] Which brand of NVIDIA FX5200?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 17:33:49 UTC 2006

On 12/30/06, Phusion <phusion2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking into getting a NVIDIA FX5200 card, but am not sure what
> brand to go with? I see that ASUS and MSI have cards? I would
> appreciate recommendations. Thanks.

At work I have purchased > 50  nVidia graphics cards for my department
from around 10 different card manufacturers (ASUS, AOPEN, MSI,
Chaintech, Albatron ...). However I really do not have any
recommendations because all have worked well. The only problems I have
had were fans going bad. I would check newegg.com and find a fanless
card with high ratings (make sure there is at least 5 reviews
otherwise I take the rating with a grain of salt) and then try to get
the most bang for your buck on features.

John