[mythtv-users] UPnP functions

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Dec 30 16:04:42 UTC 2006

Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>> Looking at the code it appears that the information is pulled out of the
>> musicmetadata table but I have nothing in there.  What process is
>> responsible for populating this information?
>
>  MythMusic, "Scan for new Music" is the option I believe. Though I personally haven't used the music streaming.

Tried this under mythtv 0.20 and a netgear MP101 (an audio only client).
  Still none of the half dozen music titles that mythfrontend accesses
show up.  Interesting, though, that the MP101 box lists the available
videos.  I am not clear on how the MP101 asks for file names.  However,
I would have thought there are upnp commands that would specifically ask
for audio files as opposed to video files.  If there is such a upnp
request and mythtv doesn't handle it - maybe that's why we can't see
audio files.