[mythtv-users] Mythtv and harmony 880

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Dec 29 22:10:46 UTC 2006

On 29-Dec-06, at 3:54 PM, Andrew Lyon wrote:

> What are the buttons like on the higher end models? I have a 525 which
> works very well with all of my equipment including mythtv (using
> technotrend s1500 receiver), but I am not overly impressed with the
> buttons on the remote or the general build quality, it feels very
> cheap.

I have an 890 and an 880 and am not impressed with their feel. Also,
my 890 has been having a problem registering one of the soft keys. I
have to really give it a good press. Plus the layout isn't all that
great. After a while you can find the key you want by feel but I
still have to think about where I am on the remote and occasionally
hit the wrong button and get pitched out instead of rewinding 5
seconds or whatever.

Overall I'm still glad I have mine - controlling so many devices from
one remote is a godsend - but from a tactile perspective they don't
feel like they're worth the price logitech is charging.

- George