[mythtv-users] TV Quality Recommendations (PVR-350 vs. S-Video vs. VGA->Composite)

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 19:33:27 UTC 2006

I have one very silly (even idiotic maybe) question. The three options accomplish different things. How do you hook up your cable TV to your PC with options 2 and 3? You say you are building first mythbox, and if you go with 2 or 3, I don't see you having a tuner in the picture to actually record or play any tv thru myth? then you talk about cable tv being analog only and its quality, which would mean you are routing cable thru your PC, which will require either a tuner or VIVO card. does fx5200 have VIVO?

If you are looking at only seeing what's on your PC monitor (like divx or h264 file playing with mplayer) on TV, then I would think 350 and 5200 is a waste of money. unless, I missed something really really obvious.

-devsk