[mythtv-users] Compile vs yum

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Thu Dec 28 19:21:09 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

Background:
Running a mythfrontend .20 installed from Yum on an Asus K8N4-E with built
in nVidia 6150 video and XVMC with a 64bit Sempron 3400+.  It's got 64bit
FC5 on it.

Most everything runs good.  However, on 1080i broadcasts, like football,
large screen movements are jumpy.  It's watchable, but annoying.  I've
tried every possible combination of driver changes and myth config changes
to no avail.  Also, every now and then, XvMC will bail out, and CPU gets
eaten by X, so I have to save position and restart the show.

Is there any piece of the puzzle that I can manually compile to suit my
system better?  libXvMC? MythTV? Lame?  All of the above?  Any other
suggestions are appreciated as well.

The only oddity in my log file is this, which I've gotten before on other
cards as well (5200fx):
2006-12-27 18:51:24.840 VideoOutputXv: XvMCTex: Init failed
2006-12-27 18:51:24.841 VideoOutputXv: XVideo Adaptor Name: 'NV17 Video
Texture'
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  141
  Minor opcode:  14
  Resource id:  0x1a3

Thanks,