[mythtv-users] How to detect whether backend is recording or scheduled?

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Thu Dec 28 18:19:05 UTC 2006

> I would like to run a command that sets the wakeup time for the next
> > scheduled recording and shuts down if a recording is not currently
> > taking place.
>
> Have you looked at MythWelcome / MythShutdown?  Unless I misunderstand,
> it does what you want.

Unfortunately not.  That's what I thought it did as well.

I currently use MythWelcome but then you must wait for the backend to
shutdown after an idle timeout.
MythShutdown allows you to set a wakeup time on the command line but
cannot retrieve the time of the next scheduled recording or detect
whether the backend is currently recording.

I think what I may have to do is try and write some code for
mythshutdown to query the backend for the scheduled wakeup time and
recording status.  I was hoping there would be an easier way though!

Cheers,
Matthew