[mythtv-users] mplayer, xine, internal player?!

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Dec 28 17:58:38 UTC 2006

This may sound kind of silly, but how do you know what player is being
used for what purpose by mythtv?

The reason I ask is that when I view any torrent downloaded video or if
I try to view the stuff I frantically pulled off of my DirecTivo (which,
while it ends in .ty, it's really an mpeg2 stream), it seems to be using
another player (guessing xine) than the one that is used for displaying
livetv, recorded programs, or video (such as a DVD iso) because 80% of
my remote buttons don't work.

Since I don't know what player it is using, I can't seem to get my
.lircrc set up properly..

-Rich