[mythtv-users] Offset video?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Dec 28 16:49:42 UTC 2006

I moved my test frontend down to our main television since our DirecTivo
is out of commission pending a hard drive replacement.  Now, I know I
posted about this earlier (and someone responded), but I cannot seem to
find the response I got in order to test things out.

The situation is this:
When viewing LiveTV, a Recorded Program, or a Video, there is a black
bar at the left side of the screen and at the top of the screen.
When going through the menus, all of the menus display properly, filling
the screen from edge to edge.

I noticed this problem when it was plugged in (via S-Video) to our 27
inch CRT, but, since I was just testing the unit, it wasn't all that
high on the list of things to debug.  Now that I was forced to move this
in to "production", this got bumped up higher on my list.

I'm not sure where to even start in order to debug this.  I know it
isn't the TV since this problem followed the system from one TV to another.

-Rich