[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Channel Naming?

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 28 06:55:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

What does Myth uses to declare the same channel on two different
tuners are indeed the "Same Channel"?  I have a PVR-150 and a
HDHomeRun using QAM256 on Comcast Cable.  When I set up the HDHomeRun
I used and OTA/Antenna Zap2it as the HDHomeRun suggestion suggested.
Now I have a bunch of channels with look similar but not the same for
example:

HD NBC affiliate:
Channel Name: KGW-HD
Channel Number: 8.1
Callsign: KGWDT

Analog NBC affiliate
Channel Name: KGW
Channel Number: 8
Callsign: KGW

480i NBC affiliate (thur the hdhomerun)
Channel Name: ?  I flipped thru it but it needs more setup
Channel Number: ?
Callsign: ?

How do I declare the HD NBC = Analog NBC so that my program rule can
be "Anytime on this channel" and it will default to my higher
priority HD Tuner.  This is especially important on programs that are
in syndication.  I don't what to get 7 reruns from 3 year ago off of
SPIKETV.

Thanks,
Jon