[mythtv-users] **Update - FIXED** mythbackend not responding - and even more weirdness

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 16:48:20 UTC 2006

On 12/27/06, Bill Arlofski <waa-mythtv at revpol.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Does any of the burden of this problem fall on the mythtv devs? Is it a
> programming issue with Mythtv and SMP? Is it an AMD Athlon64 X2 SMP
> issue specific to the CPU I am using? Again, I do not know.

<SNIP>

Interesting results. It might well be SMP related. I have a P4HT
machine as the backend server and it's having similar problems.

We are having a lot of problems with mythbackend just shutting off,
but it seems to only shut off only when there are mythfrontend
machines that are just finishing watching programs. Over the Christmas
break we travelled for 4 days. mythbackend recorded everything
correctly for about 40 hours of material. Lots to watch, so we started
trying to do so. Yesterday mythbackend shut off 3 times. I'd restart
the backend and it would happen again maybe 1-2 hours later.

Thanks for the SMP idea. I'll look at that and report back.

Cheers,
Mark