[mythtv-users] Can I copy mpegs into the Watch Recordings instead of Videos?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Dec 25 20:43:35 UTC 2006

On 25-Dec-06, at 2:30 PM, Teddy David Mills wrote:

> I was wondering if it were any way possible to copy mpegs into the
> /myth/tv/ folder and have them show up in the Watch Recordings.
> If this is not possible, can I use xine instead of mplayer in Watch
> Videos?

Yes and yes.

The contrib script myth.rebuilddatabase.pl will allow you to import
videos as if they're recordings provided myth has an appropriate
codec. mpegs are fine.

To use xine for videos go into the setup for media and change the
command for default player and possibly the ones for some specific
file types.

- George