[mythtv-users] Problem with tuning and importing dvb-s channels

ploki at kennelpoika.net ploki at kennelpoika.net
Mon Dec 25 13:03:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

I updated my backend to newest svn version and tried to use import
channels.conf for some new channels (because I directed my dish to a
different satellite).
Last time I used dvb-utils and imported the channels successfully using
channel import on mythtv side. Mythtv had some trouble tuning to
transponders because of poor signal strenght but dvbscan was able to find
the channels just fine.

Now when I tried the same procedure mythtv goes to a tuning mode when
importing the channels. Tuning apparently fails because of poor signal
strenght.

I noticed from 0.21 release note that some checks had been added to
importing:
"Added checks of dvb-utils imported channels before adding them to the DB"

Is there an option to bypass the checks and just add the channels to DB or
do I have to roll back to 0.20 version?
Or maybe I have to buy a bigger dish to get better signal strenght :)