[mythtv-users] A frontend extension ??!!

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Dec 24 00:40:54 UTC 2006

On 23 Dec 2006, at 22:32, Nick Lin wrote:
> .... i got an
> idea.... how about use my PDA to control a frontend?

Good idea!

> i tried to google
> and found some web-based control via telnet or another port

Umm... I find this a little confusing. Web-based means "using a web-
browser"; telnet is not web-based.

If you mean "I found some remote-access control via telnet or another
port" then it might be possible to use your PDA to issue such commands.

> so, my question is: Is there some plugin or software for PDA that do:
> 1. remote control

It might help to post details of which PDA you're using & what
connectivity it offers.

One might be able to control a Myth front-end using a PDA's IR port
or bluetooth, but if it has a web-browser & wireless access then it
might be simplest to look at <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/
MythWeb>.

There is html available which is more suited to a PDA's screen - see
<http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=30> (although I prefer the styling
proposed by Mr Hornsby  <http://tinyurl.com/ygjnqf>).

Stroller.

(PS: these links have all been posted on this list in the last 10 days).