[mythtv-users] playback quality problems on Nvidia 7NIF2

mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com
Wed Dec 20 22:56:24 UTC 2006

Jay wrote:
>     I had problems with my 7nif2 as well, I eventually just bought a
>     Geforce 6200 and that works great for me.  You might want to try
>     increasing the amount of RAM allocated to the video in the bios
>     before buying a new card.
>
> Same results for me - I have the same motherboard and bought a 256MB
> Geforce 6200 card and things are fine now.  Here's the card I bought -
> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814150107

Thanks for your responses, guys.  A few quick questions on your RAM
configurations:

a) were you using dual channel mode
b) how much RAM did you have, in what config (1 stick, 2, etc.)
c) and how much did you have dedicated to the nvidia onboard?

I only have a single (2700, I think) Crucial 512MB dimm, so obviously no
dual channel.  I'm thinking about trying to bump the total RAM up to
1024 w/ two 512 sticks in dual channel and wondering if I might get much
of a benefit in this situation (and in general) from that.

I'll also try increasing the available RAM for the Nvidia and see if
that helps.

Thanks again,

jl